Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Swap 'Til You Drop!

Hello my Fellow Fashionistas!

In my initial post, I mentioned that there is a way to get clothes for FREE or next to nothing. Well, I want to take this opportunity to share with you how I've been able to do that.

Many of you may already be aware of the concept of swapping. For those who don't, swapping is where you bring gently used or new unwanted clothing and swap your items for clothing you do want. Some events allow taking unlimited items regardless of how many items you bring to swap. Others allow you to swap up to the number of items you bring. The unwritten rule is that you bring clothes that you would be proud to give your best friend. If everyone follows this rule, everyone will walk away with some awesome finds! It is a "green" way of repleneshing your wardrobe. 


Swapping is gaining in popularity all over the world; so much so that there is a World Swap Day. This thing is serious! I learned of swapping several years ago, but kind of forgot about it. One day I came across a fellow thrifter who told me that I had just missed World Swap Day! Oh how disappointed I was that I had missed such an event when she told me all the wonderful things she was able to take home for FREE! I bet I won't miss the next one! Ha!


Watch this video to get a peek at what clothing swaps are all about.

Swaps are always going on. In the DC Metro area, you can find one just about every month. One place you can stay informed of upcoming swaps in DC is DMV Swap Shop. We are hosting our next event on July 21, 2012. Get your tickets here. If you're in the area, we look forward to seeing you!

So if you like FREE and you love the thrill of the hunt like I do, I strongly encourage you to check out a swap in your area. The possibilities are endless on what you can find at these events.

If you've attended a swap event before, what is your favorite swap find?


Janeen

No comments:

Post a Comment